SCADA / COMMS Engineer
PowerHouse Generation Limited (PHG) were the first DSU operators to work across both sides of the Irish border. With 70 years of combined electricity industry experience, our award-winning services help organisations earn additional income from their energy assets whilst helping to address the shortage of electricity supply across the grid.
Growth within the business continues at pace and as such we need to employ an additional SCADA/COMMS Engineer with talent and strong technical capabilities to ensure the smooth running of PHG.
As a SCADA/COMMS Engineer you will be required to work through the full project lifecycle. This will involve the initial site survey, COMMS installation and end-to-end testing through to our SCADA system. You will be responsible for carrying out all risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) and completing and recording of all installation details through to sign off. Appropriate SCADA, COMMS and Health and Safety training will be provided as required.
You will be based in Magheralin but the job will require you to work throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Carrying out risk assessments and writing up method statements (RAMS)
- Site surveying and installation of COMMS and SCADA
- Ensuring the installation, testing and SCADA interfaces are to the required standard
- Ensure smooth operation of PHG technical operations on a daily basis
- Support technical discussions with clients regarding test methods and specifications
- Manage and review the calibration/modifications to control and instrumentation systems, specialist processes and networks to ensure correct test preparations
- Propose and support improvements, future development and efficiency within the test facility and test processes
- Develop testing techniques in conjunction with clients, R&D projects and other test facilities
- Assist with Internal data management support (Error Logging, Reporting, Trending)
- Manage SCADA system/maintenance and change control
- Implement fault finding tools and monitoring methods to aid with alarm diagnosis
- Create control room procedures for SCADA related incidents, failures / Network problems
- IT literate
- Engineering degree or equivalent would be advantageous
- Sound understanding of electrical installations, PLC programming and metering
- Sound understanding of SCADA /COMMS operations and programming
- Energy metering installation experience would be desirable but not essential
If you think you have what it takes to be a Powerhouse team member then please send us your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org